Transfer Between 0x and f1
FoxWallet is a decentralized, multi-chain wallet with full support for Filecoin. It integrates with the Filecoin Ethereum Virtual Machine (FEVM), allowing users to easily transfer FIL to and from
f4 address without manual setup. This guide explains how to transfer FIL using Foxwallet.
FoxWallet uses Filecoin's built-in FilFowarder, a smart contract that lets users transfer FIL from an Ethereum-based
f4 address to a Filecoin address of a different type. To use FoxWallet, you must set up and configure FoxWallet before beginning the transfer process, described below.
Setup and configuration
- Download FoxWallet.
- Open the FoxWallet application.
- For the purpose of this tutorial, select Create wallet to create a new wallet. Alternatively, select Import wallet to import an existing wallet.
- Accept the FoxWallet service agreement.
- Enter a Wallet name and Set password. You can also enable or disable biometric authentication, and enter an invite code.
- Click Confirm.
- Taking note of the security warning, click View seed phrase.
- In the generated seed phrase, note the terms and the order in which they appear.
- Copy and store the backup seed phrase in a safe place. You will need it later in the setup process.
- Click Confirm backup.
- In the text box, enter the seed phrase by clicking each term in the order you noted in the previous step.
- In "Me" — "Networks", you can find
Filecoin EVMout there. The
Filecoinnetwork uses the
Filecoin EVMuses the Ethereum-style
- Go to the "Wallet" page. Choose
- Click "Receive" to get your
f-styleaddress. FIL can be transferred to this address via exchange withdrawals, or other tools that support
- Switch to the
Filecoin EVMnetwork. Click "Receive" to get your Ethereum-style
0xaddress, copy it.
- Back to the
Filecoinnetwork in FoxWallet. Click "Send" and paste your Ethereum-style
0xaddress in the blank. The corresponding
f4address will be displayed in FoxWallet.
- Input the amount of FIL you’d like to transfer and then click "Confirm", check out your account later.
- Reverse the steps 2,3,4 if you would like to transfer FIL from
In fact, you can transfer with any type of address in FoxWallet directly